A Better Personal Leadership Plan
Here is an overview of the ten elements required to create a better personal leadership plan for yourself. The more steps you complete, the better your plan.
These are the same elements found in the Leadership Guidance System, which Karl Bimshas Consulting facilitates with aspiring leaders and high-performing entrepreneurs who want to improve their leadership foundation.
- Make Space — Pave the way for success ahead of time. A clear mind is productive.
- Explore your wants — Identify the gap between where you are and where you want to go.
- See the whole picture — Determine your satisfaction in multiple areas of your life.
- Know your values — Your critical values influence your decision-making.
- Know your purpose — What is your mission, mantra, or rallying cry?
- Intentions and Measures — Chose relevant metrics and use success language.
- Goal Harvesting — Develop a list of goals you want to achieve over the next ten years.
- Develop Your Master Plan — Assign a high leverage goal in each area of your life.
- Create a 90-day Focus — Translate plans into quarterly actions.
- 30-Day Objectives — Turn your 90-Day Focus into monthly and weekly activities to keep you accountable.
Bonus: Maintenance and Accountability — Keep your plan on track with a team of peers or an accountability partner.
Drafting a better personal leadership plan is an intensive process; after all, you are building your future. That merits the extra effort.
Missing steps in your plan? Contact Karl Bimshas Consulting today and schedule a complimentary leadership consultation.